Monitoring Microsoft SCCm Inboxes with Nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
twelsh

Monitoring Microsoft SCCm Inboxes with Nagios

Post by twelsh »

Hi All,

I have been asked to monitor Microsoft SCCM inboxes from Nagios.

Has anyone done this?

All the check needs to do is count how many inboxes have more than a particular threshold that should be checked on the command line.

The couple off attempts I have tried both take excessive amounts off time to return a value for the directory tree.

Any assistance gratefully received

Regards

Tom
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Monitoring Microsoft SCCm Inboxes with Nagios

Post by sreinhardt »

Unfortunately, I do not believe this has been done as of yet, or at least the results have not been published if it has. My initial thought would be a fairly easy powershell script to be executed by nsclient or another local client, or an active check from the nagios server querying wmi. I would think you would have better results with the local powershell script, but maybe that's just my bias for the language.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.