send nsca performance data

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
blrg891

send nsca performance data

Post by blrg891 »

I have been using my own socket communication to emulate send_nsca on my client. I am having some issues getting performance data to be processed though. It uses the plugin output portion of the data structure to transport the plugin output which includes the performance data. Now, I thought it was in the form of "output status | performance;data;separated;by;". Now, that doesn't seem to work out. I have also been seeing the input to send_nsca in the form of:

host \t service description \t status \t check output \t performance data

This implies the form of "output status \t performance;data;separated;by;". However, I neither seem to work. I am just trying to get the form correct so that nagios graph can graph some stats for me. I want something along the line of:

plugin output = "Program OK - statA = #%; statB = #% | statA=#; statB=#" Though I am not sure that you need the fields in the performance data section or if it should just be "Program OK - statA=#%; statB=#% | #;#". Then there is the question of whether or not the last stat should have a ";" after it.

I have everything else working (Hostname, service description, return code).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
jsmurphy

Re: send nsca performance data

Post by jsmurphy »

The developer guidelines for performance data are here: http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/devel ... tml#AEN201

Which should clear up most of your questions I think. They are fairly short and to the point, there isn't a lot to it :)