Nagios Graphs

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jaswinder

Nagios Graphs

Post by jaswinder »

For how long RRD files accumulate the performance data in Nagios ? Is the duration configurable?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Nagios Graphs

Post by sreinhardt »

This sounds more like an XI question, but yes it is configurable. To the extent that you can change the length of time to keep various times for check results, 1 day of 1 min checks or only 5 min of 1min check, on a per rrd file\check basis. The amount kept by default should be able to be gathered from running rrdtool on the individual rrd files.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
slansing

Re: Nagios Graphs

Post by slansing »

I would take a look at this plugin:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Ad ... IN/details

RRD files are automatically created when a host or service which returns perfdata is created. The file size is automatically determined based on the data it will be logging and as new data is logged, at a set period the old performance data is compressed down further and further to maintain the file size.