Check Interval by time of day?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neovox

Check Interval by time of day?

Post by neovox »

I'm currently checking the state of a group of hosts based on a 10min interval (check_interval 6 and retry_interval 4) before sending a host down notification. Currently this operates 24x7. I was recently asked if the system can be configured to only send host down notifications if a host has been down longer than an hour during the overnight hours, but maintain the current 10 min interval during normal business hours.

I did try applying 2 differently named host templates to a host. Templates were the same with the exception of the check interval and the time period. Built it so one template should have been active for a hour and the other for the remainder of the day. The pre-flight check didn't complain that a host had 2 templates assigned to it, but when put into production the system only used the first one and ignored the other.

Is there a way to change the check interval based on time of day or a way to configure the notifications to do what is described above?

Thanks.