Web interface/apache2 questions

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
linuxnewbie

Re: Web interface/apache2 questions

Post by linuxnewbie »

sreinhardt wrote:You would need to have some sort of apache\other web proxy in place to understand that when it is for yourdomain.com\normalwebpage it goes to the standard server, and when yourdomain.com\nagios comes it it needs needs to be routed to the nagios machine. This is not terribly difficult and there are solutions that do it, however it would be out of the scope that we normally help with. An alternative that you may find acceptable, would be to use a separate port for nagios apache (ie 81, 8000, 8080), and allow the firewall to forward that directly to the nagios machine. This would void any need for the messy web url proxy.
Awesome thank you for your help and advice, now that I have a better idea of what is needed I shall update you when its finished.
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Web interface/apache2 questions

Post by abrist »

Great. I would suggest port forwarding something like 8080 from your external firewall to the internal nagios server as well. Make sure you have at least basic auth setup on the nagios server before you open it up to the world. Best of luck.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.