Nagios core and Nagios Network Analyzer problem

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
alienone

Re: Nagios core and Nagios Network Analyzer problem

Post by alienone »

I am clicking on the last Submit Check Data actually it dosn't matter I get the same result.
Attachments
page.gif
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Can you confirm (either in this thread or a PM) the exact line in your NRDP config where you have the token defined? By all accounts it looks like everything is set up correctly.

ADD: Looking at your config.inc.php it appears you do not have your token defined. It needs to be something like this:

Code: Select all

// an array of one or more tokens that are valid for this NRDP install
// a client request must contain a valid token in order for the NRDP to response or honor the request
// NOTE: tokens are just alphanumeric strings - make them hard to guess!
$cfg['authorized_tokens'] = array(
//"!ABGsc123#", // <-- not a good token
//"!"#123qwe", // <-- a better token (don't use this exact one, make your own)
"mytokenhere",
);
Of course replacing "mytokenhere" with your own token. Note the lack of // comments in before the token.
Former Nagios employee
alienone

Post by alienone »

Thanks sorry about that the check is working now but I still can't add the Nagios Server from the Network Analyzer
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Can you PM me the URL you use to access NRDP and a screenshot of the "New Server" page in NNA with all the info filled in? And just to confirm, there is a stable network connection between the two? On the same network (or on a VPN) and no firewall?

ADD: It looks like you are still using the commented-out NRDP token. This will not work. In NNA you need to use a token that does not have the two forward slashes in front of it. You can use one of the pre-defined tokens, but you will need to remove the comment slashes from the front first.

You said NRDP was working with this token but it is still commented out from the looks of things. Can you confirm the line in your NRDP config that has the token?
Former Nagios employee
alienone

Post by alienone »

I have uncommented the line so it is ok and I can change the token and that is working but there is still no luck in connecting NNA to Nagios Core
alienone

Post by alienone »

It is solved restarted changed my old token to a new and it works.
I had the charachter # in my old token when I removed that it start working.
Thanks for all help
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Good to see things are working for you. Closing thread.
Former Nagios employee