need help setting up SNMP trap on Nagios 4

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sciencedicas

need help setting up SNMP trap on Nagios 4

Post by sciencedicas »

I have a nagios 4 runnign on cento 6.5.
I'm able to get information off the servers/devices using snmp trap

as you may guess, I want to be point snmp on each and every devices to my nagios 4 core. and then the Nagios to send me an email or sms

have any of you were able to get it going ?
I've been struggling for the past couple days trying to make it work, but its a no go for me.

I've been following tons of guide but none of them is making any sense to me, and none of them is working as for now.

can you point me to the right guide ?

thank you
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: need help setting up SNMP trap on Nagios 4

Post by sreinhardt »

I would highly suggest reverting any changes you have done, especially to snmptt.ini and snmptt.conf, then I would suggest using our guide for XI. I do realize that it specifically references some things about the XI interface, but the install script and majority of the steps are identical. Also if you could link what you have tried already and any results you have seen, that would be helpful.

http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... ith_XI.pdf
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
sciencedicas

Post by sciencedicas »

I've followed some many guide, but this is the one I keep trying and trying :

http://askaralikhan.blogspot.ca/2010/12 ... mment-form

and I'm stuck on starting the services, "on this portion of the guide.
"""" SNMPTT started in daemon mode:
# /usr/sbin/snmptt -daemon

Or copy the init script provided with the package, you can then add it to your startup process.

# cp snmptt-init.d /etc/init.d/snmptt

To start/stop/reload you can do with ..

/etc/init.d/snmptt start/stop/reload""""""

its keep giving me this error:
[root@ClearMon mibs]# service snmptt restart
Stopping snmptt: [FAILED]
Starting snmptt: Can't locate Config/IniFiles.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/sbin/snmptt line 4023.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/snmptt line 4023.
[FAILED]
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

Looks like your missing a perl module, try:

Code: Select all

yum install perl-Config-IniFiles
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.