NRPE Transaction Error During Install

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
anauleau

NRPE Transaction Error During Install

Post by anauleau »

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install the NRPE Plugin for Nagios.

when I run:

sudo yum --enablerepo=epel -y install nrpe

I receive this error:

Transaction check error:
file /etc/nagios from install of nagios-nrpe-2.14-1.el6.rf.x86_64 conflicts with file from package nagios-common-3.5.1-1.8.amzn1.x86_64
file /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins from install of nagios-nrpe-2.14-1.el6.rf.x86_64 conflicts with file from package nagios-common-3.5.1-1.8.amzn1.x86_64

I've tried to get around it, but have had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: NRPE Transaction Error During Install

Post by eloyd »

So you're running in AWS EC2 space, which means you have their repositories already. You should be able to just install from their repositories:

Code: Select all

sudo yum install nagios-plugins-all nagios-plugins-nrpe nrpe
sudo chkconfig nrpe on
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
anauleau

Post by anauleau »

eloyd wrote:So you're running in AWS EC2 space, which means you have their repositories already. You should be able to just install from their repositories:

sudo chkconfig nrpe on

Still get the same error, which is why I tried multiple repositories.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

I'll be honest - I've never installed Nagios from packages before, but I've done a lot of work on AWS EC2 (in fact, you should come to the Nagios World Conference in October [see my signature] and come to my talk on Running Nagios on AWS EC2!!) :-)

So I take it at some point you installed nagios-common? Did you also install the nagios package? I just tried the following on a new AWS EC2 instance and had no problem:

sudo yum install nagios nagios-common nagios-plugins-all nagios-plugins-nrpe nrpe
I'm not going to try to figure out why it's not working - instead, I'm going to suggest a brute force fix (though I would REALLY suggest deleting the instance and starting over if possible). Try adding "--skip-broken" to your yum command:

and see if it's any better.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
anauleau

Post by anauleau »

Tried the --skip-broken, didn't change anything. I also tried "yum update" and "yum clean all" still no success.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

Did you also try:

sudo yum install nagios nagios-common nagios-plugins-all nagios-plugins-nrpe nrpe
?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

@anauleau, have you tried eloyd's suggestion yet?
Former Nagios employee