Downgrading from NagiosXI to Core

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
randalthor80

Downgrading from NagiosXI to Core

Post by randalthor80 »

We've been demoing XI and would like to save the config files we've used and import them back into Core. Is this possible? Specifically for the hosts and a some of the service checks we're using.
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Downgrading from NagiosXI to Core

Post by Box293 »

All of the .cfg files on XI live in /usr/local/nagios/etc

You could copy the specific commands, hosts and service checks to your core server and edit your nagios.cfg file to point to them.

It's possible but will require some tweaking.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
randalthor80

Post by randalthor80 »

Thanks, I was thinking that was the case. The services files would need some editing from what I could see, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a hidden gotcha.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

No, the gotchas are all plainly visible. You need to make sure you've got nagios.cfg as well (or update the Core version with appropriate information) to include all the configs you're pulling from XI.

Your friend will be "<path_to_nagios>/nagios -v <path_to_>/nagios.cfg"
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!