JSON CGIs "status"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
CraigNYC

JSON CGIs "status"

Post by CraigNYC »

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've looked in the docs to no avail.

I'm trying to extract data from a Nagios 4.0.8 installation with the JSON CGIs. I've been experimenting with the built-in Query Generator and I'm successfully able to parse the JSON data from my external application.

The problem I'm running into is the "status" field when doing a host or service query. I'm seeing status codes like this:

"data": {
"host": {
"name": "myhost.com",
"plugin_output": "CRITICAL - Host Unreachable (10.0.1.113)",
"long_plugin_output": "",
"perf_data": "",
"status": 4,

And on some services, I'm seeing:
"status": 16,

I've looked in the Nagios docs and I'm only seeing four plugin return codes: 0, 1, 2, and 3.

Where is the JSON status cgi pulling these status numbers from and where can I find a list?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: JSON CGIs "status"

Post by sreinhardt »

Well thats an interesting find! Could I ask that you post this as an issue on github @ https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagioscore This way the core developers will be made aware of it right away. So far I don't see any commits matching this issue, so probably something brand new they are unaware of.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.