Problems with disk space limited to 49GB?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
rgignac

Problems with disk space limited to 49GB?

Post by rgignac »

I manually installed nagios log server for testing purposes and I'm running into issues where I'm frequently running out of disc space and the server crashes.

I've re-installed on a new server with more space (several times now) and noticed that the file system is only using 49GB of space when the server has 150gb.

Is there anyway to expand this so it uses more space or am I doomed to restrict retention to 1 day?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: Problems with disk space limited to 49GB?

Post by sreinhardt »

Are you installing Log Server on a fresh Cent\RHEL install, or using one of our VMs and adding size to the vmdk? If you are doing the latter, you would actually need to expand the filesystem on disk, not just provide it with the additional size. If you are installing on a new system, I would look at how the install is partitioning your disk, as it sounds like it is using some form of advanced partitioning that may be artificially restricting you.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.
rgignac

Re: Problems with disk space limited to 49GB?

Post by rgignac »

Thanks, I wasn't partitioning the machine correctly... ;)