Performance Graphs not working for new hosts

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
coloradojay

Performance Graphs not working for new hosts

Post by coloradojay »

Performance graphs works for existing hosts, but I can't get performance graphs to work for any new hosts I add.

The message I get is: No performance graphs were found for this service. If you have just started monitoring this object then it may take up to 15 minutes for the performance graphs to appear.

I have waited the 15 minutes (I've waited up to 2 days) and no graphs appear. I've also rebooted the Nagios XI VM, and this does not resolve the issue.
coloradojay

Re: Performance Graphs not working for new hosts

Post by coloradojay »

Hmm - let me take back something I said - performance logging is actually NOT working for hosts that already exist. I can see the performance graphs on existing hosts, but there is no data in there unless I tell it to go back several weeks. It looks like at some point the performance graphing service stopped working - which means no data is being added to graphs for existing hosts, and no graphs are being created at all for new hosts.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

I suspect this is Nagios XI? If it is please follow these steps:

Can you please run these commands on your Nagios XI host and send the output:

Code: Select all

ls -al /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/perfdata/ | wc -l

ls -al /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/xidpe/ | wc -l

ls -al /etc/mrtg/conf.d/ | wc -l

ls -al /var/lib/mrtg/ | wc -l
Lets increase the logging verbosity and then take a deeper look into the logs. Follow the FAQ entry below to increase the log level of process_perfdata and npcd:

http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.ph ... leshooting

Wait 15 - 20 minutes and then get a tail of the logs:

Code: Select all

tail -250 /usr/local/nagios/var/perfdata.log > /tmp/perfdata.txt
tail -250 /usr/local/nagios/var/npcd.log > /tmp/npcd.txt
Post the file /tmp/perfdata.txt and /tmp/npcd.txt

Don't forget to turn down the log level as per the FAQ when you are done!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
coloradojay

Post by coloradojay »

Answer is "yes" - this is Nagios XI. I'll post the requested results here shortly. Thank you for your help!
coloradojay

Post by coloradojay »

So, I finally figured out to how to get access to the "paid" member section of this forum (we've had the paid version of Nagios XI for months now, I just didn't realize I didnt' have access to that part of the forum). In there, I found a similar post that contained my answer. Specifically, I just needed to follow the instructions laid out in here:

http://support.nagios.com/wiki/index.ph ... h_Problems

And....problem solved!
slansing

Post by slansing »

Ahh most excellent! Did you find a full resolution to your issue in there? If so, we're going to go ahead and lock this thread up.