Nagios - NRPE: Command 'xxxxxxx' not defined

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
primexm_cr

Nagios - NRPE: Command 'xxxxxxx' not defined

Post by primexm_cr »

Hi all,

This is my very first post to this forum; just registered.

I am running Nagios Core 4.0.8 in my company for monitoring a number of virtual as well as bare-metal machines. The current configuration involves a number of Windows-based virtual machines and two bare-metal RHEL instances. I am currently having issues in configuring one of the RHEL instances with Nagios in the following way...NRPE seems to be properly configured because when I issue ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.0.38 from my Nagios instance to the RHEL instance I am trying to monitor, I get NRPE v2.15. In addition to this, monitoring seems to be working for only a single sensor, CPU, instead of all the sensors specified, Disk Space, Memory and SWAP. Finally, the other RHEL instance seems to be working fine, so I am assuming that the configuration has nothing to do with Nagios instance itself, but the bare-metal machine. Please refer to the screenshot attached for clarification.

**Please note that all Windows-based machines as well as the 1st RHEL instance are working 100% fine, with all sensors operating properly; even though I have added additional, custom sensors for monitoring Event Logs, Services etc.

Nagios IP Address: 192.168.0.10
RHEL 1st Instance: 192.168.0.37
RHEL 2nd Instance: 192.168.0.38

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
RHEL Current Nagios Configuration
RHEL Current Nagios Configuration
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios - NRPE: Command 'xxxxxxx' not defined

Post by ssax »

Please run the command below on the working one and a non working one:

Code: Select all

sestatus
Also, make sure you've installed the Nagios plugins and have modified your nrpe.cfg.