Monitor Windows bandwidth

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jwalters

Monitor Windows bandwidth

Post by jwalters »

To me, this seems like one of the most common things to monitor but it's not included. Can anyone give me any insight on how I can monitor the bandwidth of a Windows desktop? Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Monitor Windows bandwidth

Post by admin »

Hi Jason - Is SNMP enabled on the Windows server?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
jwalters

Post by jwalters »

Yes I have enabled it on all workstations and servers. Please feel free to delete my post in general regarding SNMP as it's the same. I didn't have access to this forum originally. Thank you.
egalstad

Post by egalstad »

We're working on adding an SNMP option to the Window monitoring wizard. We've had a few clients that have monitored their Windows boxes this way, so it should be doable.

Patrick Proy has a plugin that looks like it might be able to monitor bandwidth usage on the Windows NIC via SNMP - see http://nagios.manubulon.com/snmp_int.html. This plugin is already installed on the Nagios XI machine in the /usr/local/nagios/libexec directory, so you just need to add a command definition in the Core Config Manager to be able to use it as a service check command.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jwalters

Post by jwalters »

Thank you I will try the plugin! Also, looking forward to the SNMP addition/update too!