Create Invoices / Accounting / Billing Management

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
makemeasandwich

Create Invoices / Accounting / Billing Management

Post by makemeasandwich »

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a plugin for nagios which can create invoices based on the monitoring results from nagios? Something like for example PRTG does or other commercial tools.
Or if there is an interface from nagios to a a open source third party tool that can create invoices based on the monitoring results done by nagios?

Thanks for the Help.

Kind Regards

makemeasandwich
tmcdonald

Re: Create Invoices / Accounting / Billing Management

Post by tmcdonald »

Do you mean invoices as in monetary charges to an account? Or do you mean a "fix it" ticket?
Former Nagios employee
makemeasandwich

Hello,

thanks for the fast repply.

Yes monetary charges to an account based on the monitoring results for example.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

This could be done with an event handler, but that handler is something you would need to write. This is a very specific scenario and I would be surprised if something ready-made existed specifically for Nagios.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/ ... dlers.html

I would also be *incredibly* careful with this, since an improperly-implemented integration could cause multiple charges to be applied. Be absolutely sure you know what you are doing.
Former Nagios employee
makemeasandwich

Okay thanks.
I didn't quite understand what you meant with "a fix it" ticket.
Could you explaint it a little bit more please?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

By "fix it ticket" I meant something like a "This is broken, please fix" ticket created in some sort of incident manager. That way when something goes critical, it is logged as a new incident and someone can be assigned to fix it.

We actually have something just like that called Nagios Incident Manager: http://www.nagios.com/products/nagiosincidentmanager/
Former Nagios employee