Timestamp

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
joaase

Timestamp

Post by joaase »

Hi.

i have a small problems that i whant to understand why.

First question: when i select to se event "Last 7 Days" i get that i have from one of my panels 122 warnings and 224 error. then when i change time to "Last 30 Days" i only get 30 warning and 37 error. in my World i should have more warrning and error then i have 7 Days ago? i should have 122 warning and more.

Question 2: when i look in Log server on one specify error from a specify server, log server show me 119 events with that error base on event id and "Last 7 Days". Then i check event view from the server, with same "Last 7 Days", error and event ID, server show me 1690 error. why?

Best Regard
Joakim
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Re: Timestamp

Post by jolson »

when i select to se event "Last 7 Days" i get that i have from one of my panels 122 warnings and 224 error. then when i change time to "Last 30 Days" i only get 30 warning and 37 error. in my World i should have more warrning and error then i have 7 Days ago? i should have 122 warning and more.
This is not expected behavior - when you do this, does your 'timestamp' filter change appropriately? Are you sure that Nagios Log Server isn't taking awhile to pull up all of your entries from the last 30 days? It can take some time to pull 30 days of logs out of elasticsearch, did you wait an appropriate amount of time?

What field do 'warning' and 'error' belong to - my guess is 'Opcode'?
when i look in Log server on one specify error from a specify server, log server show me 119 events with that error base on event id and "Last 7 Days". Then i check event view from the server, with same "Last 7 Days", error and event ID, server show me 1690 error. why?
Are you doing any index maintenance from the 'Backup and Maintenance' section of Nagios Log Server? If so, please show us your settings:
2015-05-04 09_51_54-Backup _ Maintenance • Nagios Log Server.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
joaase

Post by joaase »

Lock this. i finns the solution by my self.

//Jocke
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

What was the solution that you discovered? It would be good to know in case other users have a similar issue.
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
joaase

Post by joaase »

The Solution was same that you all write for this case.

I find it out just Before i read it.

//Jocke
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

Sounds good - I'll lock this thread up. Feel free to open a new one if you have any further questions or issues. Thanks!
Twits Blog