Nagios on CentOS 6 & 7 With SELinux Support

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
l2g

Nagios on CentOS 6 & 7 With SELinux Support

Post by l2g »

Guys,

I just thought I'd share some of my work in case it helps any of you out. A little more then a year ago I wrote these blog entries: But more importantly, I've got a repository for CentOS 7 now where i ported all of this over to as well as added SELinux support (backported to CentOS 6 too).

Feel free to link to my yum repository (information here) if you want. I provide the src.rpm files there too if you don't trust that random stranger on the internet type thing. My blog explains how to build it yourself anyway; it's a little customized, but in a good way (directory structures, and default configuration).

Anyway, I love Nagios, and mostly just lurk here. But i figured i should give back if i can. Do what you want with this info; hopefully it will help some people out.
abrist
Red Shirt

Re: Nagios on CentOS 6 & 7 With SELinux Support

Post by abrist »

Awesome! You may want to post it to the nagios community exchange as well (under documentation):
https://exchange.nagios.org/
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
l2g

Post by l2g »

Thank you,

I took your advice and placed it there too (they were just approved last night) and can found in the tutorial section.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I'm going to close this up now but thank you for posting that, I'm sure future visitors will be thankful as well!