basic n00b qons uestions

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jezh

basic n00b qons uestions

Post by jezh »

Hi There

I have just started to use nagios and am very excited about what it can do. Although i am am a windows user and never really used linux, i now have it up and running on a vm of ubuntu desktop. I just had a few questions about it.

I am currently monitoring my windows 7 machine and our sbs 2011 server. I wanted to know how i can monitor exchange and all the various bits, i have seen scripts around but not sure what to put where (a real noob!) and also i wanted to monitor the health of the actual server e.g. disks, raid controller, psu all the kind of things that you can do with the dell openmanage software really. i assume this is a bit more advanced so i just need to get started and get my head around it.

Thanks for your help in advanced!
mguthrie

Re: basic n00b qons uestions

Post by mguthrie »

I'm going to move this topic to the Nagios XI general forum, you'll have better traffic on it then. Here's our admin manual to give you a walkthrough and get you started.

http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... nistrator/