Nagios XI Problems

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jdalrymple
Skynet Drone

Re: Nagios XI Problems

Post by jdalrymple »

Bone8Head wrote:1) Now the VM's that I added from the vSphere Host got a Service Input/Output Issue (Unknown Error). It is normal?
Of course not - it's expected to work when you have things set up properly. Did you follow the instructions and get the VMware perl SDK installed? After that did you then use the wizard to set up your hosts?
Bone8Head wrote:2) I have to use Nagios for Monitoring all my Servers - VM. I want that Nagios alert me via E-Mail, if a Database, a Server or something like that got a problem (Full RAM or CPU Usage, Disk Full, something like that). I see that from the VMware Monitoring I cannot see the Disk Usage, but I'm sure that is a Service that can I add manually in the Nagios Core Configuragion Manager. I am right?
VMware has no knowledge of what your databases are up to, how full your disks are, etc. You cannot use VMware monitoring tools to achieve the goals you have for all of your servers. You will need to use OS/application specific monitoring tools such as Windows/MSSQL/etc to get information specific to their purpose.
Bone8Head wrote:3) How can I told Nagios to DON'T alert me via E-Mail and stop saying "CRITICAL ERROR" if a VM or Server is on "Power Off"?
Either remove the service if you truly don't care about power-state, or you can disable critical notifications in the alert settings of those services in CCM.
Bone8Head wrote:4) There is a tool that can "automatically" add the NRPE Tool? Because I'm having the famous "Cannot complete the SSL Handshake" issue, and I can't find the right solution for it.
9 times out of 10 it's because you have not configured your allowed_hosts in nrpe.cfg and/or your only from in xinetd.d/nrpe configurations. Have you tried `check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1` from the local machine?
Bone8Head

Post by Bone8Head »

jdalrymple wrote:I notice a line break in $ARG2$ - is there perhaps a space between the G and the 2?
Unfortunately, there is not. :( I still don' understand why the Command don't work.
jdalrymple wrote:Of course not - it's expected to work when you have things set up properly. Did you follow the instructions and get the VMware perl SDK installed? After that did you then use the wizard to set up your hosts?
Yes, I follow this Guide: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
and I did use the Wizard - ADD a VMware Host and the guest VM.
Other Services are running OK, only this "Input/Ouput" is always on CRITICAL.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

jdalrymple wrote:9 times out of 10 it's because you have not configured your allowed_hosts in nrpe.cfg and/or your only from in xinetd.d/nrpe configurations. Have you tried `check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1` from the local machine?
Can you give this a try and post the result?
Former Nagios Employee
Bone8Head

Post by Bone8Head »

rkennedy wrote:
jdalrymple wrote:9 times out of 10 it's because you have not configured your allowed_hosts in nrpe.cfg and/or your only from in xinetd.d/nrpe configurations. Have you tried `check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1` from the local machine?
Can you give this a try and post the result?
I have to "reinstall" NRPE first, now I'm trying to resolve another issue:

I figured out that we have VMware vSphere 5.0.1, and I installed the VMware Perl Plugin for the 6.0.
So I reinstalled it (but the 5.1 Version) from the VMware Site, and all my services got this problem now:

Is problably missing something..
Bone8Head

Post by Bone8Head »

I resolved it with installing again the VMware 6.0 Plugin.
But there is again the INPUT/OUTPUT Critical Problem...
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Can you go in to the Core Config Manager > Services and find one of the services that you are having issues with.
Click on the Floppy Icon for that check to bring up the configuration, copy it and post it here so we can review it?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!