Nagios XI Login Troubles

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
skatta

Nagiosxi login issues

Post by skatta »

I have successfully installed nagiosxi and nagios core on RHEL5.4 using manual installation instructions. When I logged in first time, it displayed username/password/email etc fields.
When I tried logging in using the credentials specified, it displays "Username or password incorrect".
When I tried changing password, it cannot email to "root@localhost".

Please indicate where is the login information stored and how can it be modified?

Thanks
egalstad

Re: Nagiosxi login issues

Post by egalstad »

The username/password is stored in a Postgres database, with the password being stored as an MD5 hash of the plaintext password. We'll write a quick utility to reset it from the command line and post a message back to this thread when its ready.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Attached is a simple script that will change the nagiosadmin login password from the command line.

1. Extract it to /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts

2. Run it like this:

cd /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts
php ./reset_nagiosadmin_password.php --password=<newpassword>

That should do it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
skatta

Post by skatta »

Thank you for the quick script. After logging in, it still shows the same login page. Does that mean my nagiosxi installation was not successful? Where are the log files located for nagiosxi?

The nagios core functionality is running normally.
dhobbs

Cannot log in

Post by dhobbs »

I've tried using both the VMWare image and also the manual installation method and in both cases I can get to the screen where I set the nagiosadmin email address and password but after that when i get to the actualy login screen, I enter the nagiosadmin username and the password I specified but when I click on the Login but it just refreshes the page and does not log me in.

Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot log in

Post by admin »

What browser are you running? It could be a browser-specific bug that is causing this issue for you.

Ethan Galstad
President
egalstad

Post by egalstad »

If I understand correctly, you try and login and it just redirects you back to the login screen? Could be two problems:

1. your browser isn't allowing cookies, which will break the session logic
2. your browser might not be processing something properly

When you get redirected back to the login page do you get a red error message, or a green/blue success/info message?
skatta

Post by skatta »

When I login to nagiosxi, it redirects back to same login page without any red/green error messages. The URL upon logging in says
"http://linuxmon.bloomberg.com/nagiosxi/ ... dex.php%3f"

I have tested it on IE 6.0 and Firefox 3.0.12.
dhobbs

Post by dhobbs »

I'm using IE8 and cannot login however, if I install Firefox 3 I can log in with no issues.

Is there a fix for this and if not is there one coming soon?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report! We tested the UI in IE6 and IE7 without problems. We'll install IE8 and see what we can come up for a fix. IE is sometimes (often) problematic with its browser bugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are other issues we encounter. :-(

Ethan Galstad
President