Problem with Nagios 4.1.2-Pre1 (nagios "busy loop")

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jfrickson

Re: Problem with Nagios 4.1.2-Pre1 (nagios "busy loop")

Post by jfrickson »

MalcolmPreen wrote:OK, that's good news.

Will there be another "release" (4.1.2-Pre2?) before the official release ? Or is my only option to implement 4.1.2-Pre1 plus this fix.... (or wait patiently :-) )

If you have an "official fix" you want me to try, then please let me know.
You probably don't want to wait for official release, but I'll probably get a Pre2 out before too long (maybe a couple of weeks?). So I guess it depends on how long you're willing to wait.
MalcolmPreen

Post by MalcolmPreen »

No panic on my behalf... I've gone ahead with 4.1.2-Pre1 plus the patch...

All seems good at present - no looping... no choking (original problem)....

I'll keep an eye on things... but unless there are any side effects I'll try and keep quiet..

Thanks for your help

Malcolm
jfrickson

Post by jfrickson »

MalcolmPreen wrote:No panic on my behalf... I've gone ahead with 4.1.2-Pre1 plus the patch...

All seems good at present - no looping... no choking (original problem)....

I'll keep an eye on things... but unless there are any side effects I'll try and keep quiet..
Sounds good. I opened a bug on github (https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... issues/113) referencing this thread. So I'll close this thread now. If you have any additional information, post a comment on the bug.

Thanks for all your help!