Service Overview For Host Group

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Dr. Natas

Service Overview For Host Group

Post by Dr. Natas »

Just wondering if it's possible. We have a group of servers that need monitored, but our team wants the ability to view all the servers in a single screen. Is there a way to tell nagios to adjust the view based on screen size, or can we break down the servers into columns so that we don't have to scroll down. The only thing that I can think of right now is to setup a "view group" with the servers to display them into 2 columns. I just wanted to see if there was a better way instead of hard coding nagios based on groups. I'm currently running nagios-3.5.1-1.el6.x86_64. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
tmcdonald

Re: Service Overview For Host Group

Post by tmcdonald »

Making adjustments like this in Core is going to be pretty limited to using host or service groups, unfortunately, and those will still go mostly in rows.
Former Nagios employee
Dr. Natas

Post by Dr. Natas »

I was able to cheat around it (somewhat) I created a hard-coded site. Here is a sample of what I did. Is there a possible way that you can point me to the main core file and maybe I can tackle this issue? I have the time to code something.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/nagios/images/favicon.ico" type="image/ico" />
<title>Current Network Status</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/nagios/stylesheets/common.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/nagios/stylesheets/status.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/nagios/js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() { $('#top_page_numbers').append($('#bottom_page_numbers').html() ); });function set_limit(url) {
this.location = url+'&limit='+$('#limit').val();
}</script>
<style>
.container {
height: auto;
overflow: hidden;
}
.leftColumn {
/* the next props are meant to keep this block independent from the other floated one */
width: 50%;
overflow: hidden;
padding: 3px;
float: left;
}
.rightColumn {
padding: 3px;
overflow: auto;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="container">
<div class="leftColumn">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >
<tbody>
<tr>
jomann
Development Lead

Post by jomann »

The CGI files are what create the HTML pages and are pretty complicated, it may be a lot harder to edit things than you may think. In reality, it'd probably be easier to make your own custom page using something like JSON CGI. It isn't something we can help you make though, since it's outside the scope of our support.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Dr. Natas

Post by Dr. Natas »

It's all good. I'll keep you posted as soon as I make some progress.
bwallace

Post by bwallace »

Thanks - although this is beyond the scope of our support, we'd certainly like to hear how it turns out so definitely keep us posted.
Be sure to check out the Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
nozlaf

Post by nozlaf »

Im assuming you want this as like a NOC screen or something similar, if you only care about overall health and don't want to read all the metrics on that screen you should try nagvis as it will give you a great looking dashboard, it can have hostgroup and servicegroup health as a single traffic light style icon
Looking forward to seeing you all at #NagiosCon2019?
-Dedicated Lover of Nconf,PNP4Nagios and Nagvis
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Thanks @nozlaf!

Dr, let us know if you have any further questions.
Former Nagios Employee