Graph intervals

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
OptimusB

Graph intervals

Post by OptimusB »

We have increased services checks to 1 min for a couple servers to help with troubleshooting and noticed that the graphs are still mapping data points at 5 min intervals. Is there any way to change or update this so that the graphs are also showing 1 min intervals?
rkennedy

Re: Graph intervals

Post by rkennedy »

Can you show us a screenshot with a bit more information of what you're seeing? I tried to replicate this, but it seems to be working fine on my end. The memory_usage is changing with each one minute interval.
graph-intervals.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former Nagios Employee
OptimusB

Post by OptimusB »

So this is what I see. I am only getting 5 min intervals.
graphs.png
This is from a WMI check.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OptimusB

Post by OptimusB »

The service details confirms the check intervals...

Service State: Ok
Duration: 6d 19h 28m 9s
Service Stability: Unchanging (stable)
Last Check: 2016-04-18 13:20:00
Next Check: 2016-04-18 13:21:00
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Hmm, which page are you looking at this graph on? Can you post the entire service definition for us to look at?
Former Nagios Employee
OptimusB

Post by OptimusB »

I m looking in my dashboard as well as the graph explorer. The service uses a template and I've attached them here.
I noticed you were using XI5 and this was on 2014. I had a different test server on XI5 and noticed the default was in fact 1min. even when check intervals are at 5mins. So perhaps it is a version thing? or something that can be tweaked?

I have the service check overriding the check interval for this server for troubleshooting purposes.
OptimusB

Post by OptimusB »

Just noticed that on the newer XI, it is showing intervals of 5 mins. However I think I know what the difference is. If I use graph explorer and use the scalable performance graph, it shows perf data in 1 min intervals. Where as the multistacked performance graphs shows data in 5mins. We use the stacked graphs to help with applications and multiple systems, is there any way to have the multistacked graphs at 1min intervals?
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

You are correct, it is the multistacked graph that has a 5 minute interval. Through the regular graphs though, you'll be able to see it according to your check_interval.

I spoke with the developers about it, and filed a feature request to have the multistacked graphs allow a specified interval. ID 8319.
Former Nagios Employee
OptimusB

Post by OptimusB »

I've been looking through the template for the multistack graphs. There are is a line where the interval is set.

pointInterval: {$args['increment']}*1000, //time scale, 5mn

Could I change this in the mean time to hardcode the interval to 1min? If so, what's the right value here to adjust?
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Yes, you can hard code it. However, the developers have informed me that it goes a bit deeper then this, as you'd have to modify much more settings than just this to get things exact as a lot of this is dependent on RRD settings. However, this should get pretty close to what you're looking for.

Change this at your own risk. With the feature request in hand, we won't be able to provide much more support based on your change.

Code: Select all

{$args['incremenet']}/5 * 1000,
Former Nagios Employee