Fujitsu servers

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
orani

Fujitsu servers

Post by orani »

Hi all,

I have some fujitsu servers and i try monitoring them throw the management card.
I got the "check_fujitsu_server.pl" script from here (https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... 29/details).

When i run the script from the command line i get the response i should. For example i run a check for the server fans and i get "cooling ok" as a response. When i run the check for the temp i get tempratures for every available sensor. That is perfect.

The problem is that when i run the same check from nagios by defining a service and the necessary command i am getting a general response for everything and not just for the wanted.

You can see below what i mean.

From command line:

[root@telematics libexec]# ./check_fujitsu_server.pl -H Infra1 -A 10.0.5.15 -C public --chkenv-fan
OK Cooling(ok)
[root@telematics libexec]# ./check_fujitsu_server.pl -H Infra1 -A 10.0.5.15 -C public --chkenv-temp
OK TemperatureSensors(ok)
| Ambient=20C;37;42 Systemboard=42C;75;80 VR_CPU1=41C;120;125 VR_MEM_AB=29C;120;125 VR_MEM_CD=36C;120;125 VR_CPU2=30C;120;125 VR_MEM_EF=32C;120;125 VR_MEM_GH=24C;120;125 CPU1=42C;82;83 MEM_A=27C;78;82 PSU1_Inlet=35C;57;61 PSU2_Inlet=36C;57;61 PSU1=61C;102;107 PSU2=63C;102;107

From Nagios (code is below - response is at the attachment):

define service{
host_name Infra1
service_description Management
check_command check_fujitsu_server!10.0.5.15!-C public!'--chkcooling'
max_check_attempts 5
check_interval 1
retry_interval 1
check_period 24x7
servicegroups iRMC
notification_interval 0
notification_options c,r,s
notes_url http://10.0.5.15
}
Attachments
Screenshot_1.jpg
Last edited by dwhitfield on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: marking with green check mark
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Fujitsu servers

Post by dwhitfield »

What version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use. These questions will help us double check file paths.

Is it possible you have two versions of Nagios running? Strange things can happen when one version is installed via repo and another is compiled from source.
orani

Post by orani »

My version is Nagios Core 4.2.0. It is compiled from source as the documentation says. I am running Centos 6.8. Nagios Core 4.2.0 is the only version of nagios that is installed and running
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

It may be a permissions issue, please run su - nagios (make sure to include the minus (-)) first:

Code: Select all

su - nagios
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_fujitsu_server.pl -H Infra1 -A 10.0.5.15 -C public --chkenv-fan
Send us the entire output if there are errors (it may be a /tmp file that has root permissions so the plugin can't access it when run by nagios).

Thank you
orani

Post by orani »

when i run the script as root it gives me the same output as when i run it as nagios user. (OK Cooling(ok))
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Please show us the full output.
Former Nagios Employee
orani

Post by orani »

[root@telematics libexec]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_fujitsu_server.pl -H Infra1 -A 10.0.5.15 -C public --chkenv-fan
OK Cooling(ok)
[root@telematics libexec]# su - nagios
[nagios@telematics ~]$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_fujitsu_server.pl -H Infra1 -A 10.0.5.15 -C public --chkenv-fan
OK Cooling(ok)
[nagios@telematics ~]$ 
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Got it - doesn't look like permissions. Please post your command definition for check_fujitsu_server - we'll probably need to make changes here.
Former Nagios Employee
orani

Post by orani »

define command {
        command_name                    check_fujitsu_server
        command_line                    $USER1$/check_fujitsu_server.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -A $ARG1$ $ARG2$
}              
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

orani wrote:

define command {
        command_name                    check_fujitsu_server
        command_line                    $USER1$/check_fujitsu_server.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -A $ARG1$ $ARG2$
}              
Your arguments do not line up properly.

check_command check_fujitsu_server!10.0.5.15!-C public!'--chkcooling'
You'll want to set the check_command up in the service like this -

check_command check_fujitsu_server!10.0.5.15!-C public '--chkcooling'
The reason is because you do not have a $ARG3$ in your command_line. The other option is appending $ARG3$ to your command_line. The choice is yours.

After making the change, restart the nagios service, and you should see the expected result.
Former Nagios Employee