Nagios Core, NagiosGraph and Grafana

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

Nagios Core, NagiosGraph and Grafana

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good afternoon,

After spending many painful months in the successful implementation of NagiosGraph with our 4.2.4 Core installation, I have been asked to look at Grafana.

Another team have implemented Grafana using PNP4Nagios as the means of collecting the data which is to be plotted, but as far as I'm aware, PNP4Nagios hasn't been actively supported or updated for a long time and I don't want to implement a new solution with such a dependency if i can avoid it.

Are you aware of any way in which I could implement Grafana using my current Core/NagiosGraph setup? I'm planning to upgrade to 4.3.2 soon, if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios Core, NagiosGraph and Grafana

Post by dwhitfield »

https://exchange.nagios.org//directory/ ... na/details doesn't use nagiosgraph, BUT it was updated in late March 2017 and has 5 stars, so it looks like it might be a good option, if you're willing to try something new.
neworderfac33

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good morning and thanks for your reply,

I'm only using Core, not XI - will I still be able to try this plugin, do you think?

Cheers

Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It says it's compatible with 4.x, so I don't see why not.
neworderfac33

Post by neworderfac33 »

I'll put this one on the back burner for the time being, as, on reflection, I'd rather work with something (i.e. PNP4Nagios) that someone else in my organization is using, and off whom I can bounce ideas, as against trying to introduce something completely new.

This thread can now be closed, in preparation for the new one that I'm going to try relating to PNP4Nagios.

Thanks for your assistance.

Pete