Nagios core and graphs columns

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Aikanaro

Nagios core and graphs columns

Post by Aikanaro »

Hello,

i am having issues with one of our Nagios servers. Anytime i am clicking on nagiosgraphs and pressing on "+" sign on top right corner, i cannot pick multiple "Periods" of time or multiple "Data Sets". Holding CTRL and pressing doesn't help.

Anytime i open graphs i can only pick either data/Warning/critical but not multiple instances. Same goes for time period: day/Week/Month/Quarter/Year cannot pick multiple graphs.

Nagiosgraph version 1.5.2

Will add some screens below for working and non working servers as an example:
Non-working nagiosgraph
Non-working nagiosgraph
Non-working nagiosgraph
Non-working nagiosgraph

Thanks for help!
Attachments
Working nagios/multiple graphs
Working nagios/multiple graphs
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Nagios core and graphs columns

Post by tgriep »

Have you searched the Nagiosgraph's forums for the issue you are having to see if there is a solution?
https://sourceforge.net/p/nagiosgraph/discussion/394748
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Aikanaro

Post by Aikanaro »

tgriep wrote:Have you searched the Nagiosgraph's forums for the issue you are having to see if there is a solution?
https://sourceforge.net/p/nagiosgraph/discussion/394748

Hi tgriep,

no, i couldn't find anything related to that issue on that forum. I posted there a topic as well - but it seems that forum is dead.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Ok, the Nagiosgraph is not one of Nagios projects so there is limited support we can do.
The best thing you can do is to verify that the config files for Nagiosgraph are identical between the good and bad server and to see if there are any errors in the Apache error logs.
One more thing to try is a different browser or to reset and clear out the cache for your web browser to see if that fixes the issue.
Aikanaro

Post by Aikanaro »

tgriep wrote:Ok, the Nagiosgraph is not one of Nagios projects so there is limited support we can do.
The best thing you can do is to verify that the config files for Nagiosgraph are identical between the good and bad server and to see if there are any errors in the Apache error logs.
One more thing to try is a different browser or to reset and clear out the cache for your web browser to see if that fixes the issue.

Hello tgriep,

i've tried everything that you've listed. And i understand its not Nagios project, but i thought maybe people have had same bad experience as i do and solved that issue. :)
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

I have found people posting the same issue but no resolution but try and removing it and reinstalling and see if that works. It may be a compile time issue.
Aikanaro

Post by Aikanaro »

tgriep wrote:I have found people posting the same issue but no resolution but try and removing it and reinstalling and see if that works. It may be a compile time issue.

tgriep, I am afraid that i am not totally sure how to remove it? i've tried apt-get remove nagiosgraph and also googled it - but no luck. Will see what are other options, maybe you have an idea?
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

I recall a similar issue from a while back:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=42711

It had something to do with the underlying html. My vague recollection is that recompiling the CGIs to use <select multiple> instead of <select> made everything work a bit better, though I don't know if that will solve your specific problem.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks @mcapra for the help.
Aikanaro

Post by Aikanaro »

mcapra wrote:I recall a similar issue from a while back:
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=42711

It had something to do with the underlying html. My vague recollection is that recompiling the CGIs to use <select multiple> instead of <select> made everything work a bit better, though I don't know if that will solve your specific problem.

mcapra,

Thanks for reply. Quick question - do you know exactly which file i should modify?