Emailed scheduled reports cant be opened

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
thenomad

Emailed scheduled reports cant be opened

Post by thenomad »

I have a scheduled report that I want to go out each morning. It is being sent to 2 parties . I can see the report . The other person cant. How do I fix the permissions for the report.

Thanks
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Emailed scheduled reports cant be opened

Post by tgriep »

Is the report getting sent as an attachment and the one user cannot open the attachment or are they trying to open the link to the Nagios server to view the report and that link they cannot open?
If they cannot open the attachment, can you post it here so we can view it?
What error is the other user getting when they try and open the report?
A screen shot of it would help out.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
thenomad

Post by thenomad »

they are trying to open a link to the report ...
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Have them try to access a report, and then immediately generate and send a profile. You can download it by going to Admin > System Config > System Profile and click the ***Download Profile*** button towards the top. If for whatever reason you *cannot* download the profile, please put the output of View System Info (5.3.4+, Show Profile if older) in the thread (that will at least get us some info). This will give us access to many of the logs we would otherwise ask for individually. If security is a concern, you can unzip the profile take out what you like, and then zip it up again. We may end up needing something you remove, but we can ask for that specifically.

After you PM the profile, please update this thread. Updating this thread is the only way for it to show back up on our dashboard.
thenomad

Post by thenomad »

it it uploaded. It seems to be very much to be an permissions type thing . Can those custom reports be made available to specified users
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Is this an XI user that is having trouble?

I sent you this via PM, but nothing was attached to your PM. If it's too large, you can email it to customersupport@nagios.com. Please reference this thread if you do that.

UPDATE: profile received
Last edited by dwhitfield on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pm received
thenomad

Post by thenomad »

Hi... The PM has been resent.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

If the person that cannot open the report is setup in XI as a user and does not have rights to view all of the hosts and services that are in the report, that could be the issue.
Try changing the account's auth level to an admin level and see if they can open the report.

Also, if they are using the link to open the report, and they are not on the same network as the Nagios server, then they cannot access the server, that could be the other reason for the failure.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!