JDBC related error.

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
chash

JDBC related error.

Post by chash »

Hi,
To monitor Database and run some customized queries, I have installed Oracle client on nagios core.
Oracle client is working fine and I am able to run SQL query using sqlplus, after installing ODBC.
now want to use a java plugin. and for that JDBC need to be used.
At present I am getting error : Error: JDBC Driver Problem. "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
Javac command completed successfully. (Java script, ojdbc6.jar were kept in same sub directory.)
I did use classpath in command 'java -cp ...' while running java command. Any information in this regard, will be great help.
Thank you.
mcapra

Re: JDBC related error.

Post by mcapra »

If you can share the specific plugin you are using, where you found it, and what documentation you followed, that would be massively helpful in beginning to troubleshoot this. However, this is not strictly a Nagios related problem; It's a Java problem.

Literally the only reason you'd be seeing that error is if oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver is not included in your classpath at build/run time.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
tmcdonald

Re: JDBC related error.

Post by tmcdonald »

Thanks for the assist, @mcapra! OP, let us know if you need further assistance.
Former Nagios employee