Nagios::plugin modue installation issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
martin09

Nagios::plugin modue installation issue

Post by martin09 »

Hi

I'm Having issue on the Nagios::Plugin module installation. I tried installing it through yum and cpan but still no luck. Do you have any ideas what does this mean?. or do you have any ideas how to install it properly?. I can't execute some plugins thru libexec specifically plugin for monitoring VM's.

Here's the output when I try installing it on centos 5.6

This is a tombstone release, not an installable distribution
Running make test
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Nagios::plugin modue installation issue

Post by dwhitfield »

What instructions are you using that references that? If they are ours, we should update them. Please use Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin instead.

Also, you'll have to scroll down a bit, but if you are trying to install the nagios plugins suite, compilation instructions can be found at https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=96#CentOS
martin09

Post by martin09 »

Hi

I tried Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin but no luck again in installation. Im using any reference the internet gives; mostly "cpan -i Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin"

Here's the error I'm getting:

Failed 16/16 test scripts, 0.00% okay. 726/730 subtests failed, 0.55% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
/usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

It is best to stick to our documentation so you don't end up having incompatibilities.

What are you ultimately trying to do? What I'm trying to get at is I am not sure what of our documentation has you install those perl modules. If I had a link to that documentation, then we could fix it or it would at least give me some idea of what you are trying to do.

Normally, you should pick the XI forums or the Core forums rather than Ideas, so that we have some idea of what is going on. Once I know, I can move it to the appropriate forum.

If Core, what version of Core are you using? Was it compiled from source or installed from distro repos? On what OS/version is nagios running? cat /etc/*-release may be of use.

If XI, can you PM me your Profile? You can download it by going to Admin > System Config > System Profile and click the ***Download Profile*** button towards the top. If for whatever reason you *cannot* download the profile, please put the output of View System Info (5.3.4+, Show Profile if older) in the thread (that will at least get us some info). This will give us access to many of the logs we would otherwise ask for individually. If security is a concern, you can unzip the profile take out what you like, and then zip it up again. We may end up needing something you remove, but we can ask for that specifically.

After you PM the profile, please update this thread. Updating this thread is the only way for it to show back up on our dashboard.
martin09

Post by martin09 »

Hi,

Just want to share on how i resolved this issue.

I installed the Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin manually via cpan, I downloaded the module on cpan.org, however upon installation I also needed to install all the other prerequisites that's needed by Nagios::Monitoring::Plugin to work.

After that I also made some changes on the plugin since from its source codes its still running on Nagios::Plugin module.

That's it!.

Hope this helps!. Thanks!
kyang

Post by kyang »

Glad you were able to solve this and shared your answer! We will be closing this topic as resolved!

If you have more questions, feel free to create another thread!

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum!