Nagios New Issue

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
vnoc

Nagios New Issue

Post by vnoc »

Hi Team,

Recently i have installed nrpe client in 2 machines with version (centOS Linux release 7.3.1611) and the Nrpe installed is nrpe-3.1.0 & nagios-plugin-2.2.1.

Here intermitently I am facing issues with the plugins only on that 2 servers stating Check_NRPE STATE CRITICAL:Socket timeout after 10 seonds and for ping it is giving as Critical - Plugin timed out.

Please find the attachement of screenshot and help me in fixing this.
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
mcapra

Re: Nagios New Issue

Post by mcapra »

Being that the Ping check is also timing out, have you verified that there are no network issues between Nagios Core and the monitored machine?

I can't imagine a situation where both ping and NRPE checks both intermittently fail at roughly the same time that cannot be traced to network issues.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
acefreakz

Post by acefreakz »

Can you post us the result of ping from Nagios host to the remote server? I too suspect it's due to network issue between the hosts.

btw for me, i don't see the point of a ping check, as check-host-alive command already did that for host-state-checking. Am certainly intrigued to know if it's really necessarily in your case.
kyang

Post by kyang »

Thanks @mcapra & @acefreakz!

@vnoc, let us know if you are having any network issues.