Suggestions for monitoring Disk I/O in Core 4.3.4

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
neworderfac33

Suggestions for monitoring Disk I/O in Core 4.3.4

Post by neworderfac33 »

Good morning,
As a search for monitoring disk I/O via Nagios Core returns lots results describing plugins from the Exchange, I was wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations as to which is the best one to use?
I'm using 4.3.4 (which, if it's of any interest feeds into Graphios, which feeds an InfluxDB database, which finally populates Grafana).
Finally, I hope it won't be a stupid question to ask if there's any way of achieving this with any of the tools in the Nagios 2.2.1 plugin suite?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pete
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Suggestions for monitoring Disk I/O in Core 4.3.4

Post by tgriep »

The best thing to do to find a plugin that you like it to try out a few of the higher rated plugins and see if the output is what you are looking for.
Every plugin is different so you would have to look at them.

The default plugin suite only comes with drive space checks and not an I/O check unless the package you are installing included one.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
neworderfac33

Post by neworderfac33 »

Thank you, tgriep - most of the ones I looked at in Exchange seemed to have comments below them suggesting that they didn't work properly, which was why I was looking for advice on here! :-)
Pete
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

This one has 4 stars. Did you try it? https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... cs/details