$Hostname$ not support unicode

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Chien_San

$Hostname$ not support unicode

Post by Chien_San »

Good Sunday,
I used Nagios Core 4.0.4 and really like the map, but i want to use host name with some name like this: "Chiến" or "Mới"...but after create png map the hostname display wrong font.

And, sometime i need hostname length > 20 characters -> result on map(Balance Tree): the name overlap -> can i display name with two lines?

Thanks you !
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: $Hostname$ not support unicode

Post by dwhitfield »

Can you attach a screenshot of where you are seeing that the name is incorrect?

Does Nagios work otherwise with those hostnames? I know for a fact 4.2.4 and newer will work with those hostnames, but there are a bunch of different maps, so I want to be sure I am looking at the same thing.

Also, are the two issues on the same map? If not, can you split this into two threads?
Chien_San

Post by Chien_San »

Thanks for your reply,
Please check the attached picture for details.
Attachments
The result
The result
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@Chien_San, Unfortunately, it's impossible split the hostname over two lines. Special characters are not supported as of right now. And all the configs for the Nagios map reside in precompiled cgi files.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Chien_San

Post by Chien_San »

Thanks npolovenko .
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@Chien_San, No problem. I'll close this thread but if you have any other questions feel free to create a new one.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.