Nagios service on host name

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
anusha

Nagios service on host name

Post by anusha »

Hi ,

By default the sever status is showing ping status and can display it as jvm status instead of ping. Can someone please help me with this
kyang

Re: Nagios service on host name

Post by kyang »

Could you show us a screenshot to clarify what you mean?

Thanks!
anusha

Re: Nagios default service on hostname

Post by anusha »

Hi Kyang,

By default we are getting server PING status for all the hosts but I want to change it one of the service status instead of ping status. Can you please let me know how to do it.
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

This is done by altering the host's check_command, which would be redundant if you are already checking the JVM as a service.

A host's check_command cannot be "symbolically linked" or made to reference to a service check definition. Similarly, a host's status cannot be directly tied to the status of a service. This is a limitation of the objects themselves.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks @mcapra for the help.
Pretty much all you would have to do is to edit the host check and make it the same as the existing service check.
If you need help doing this, please post the current host and service configuration so we can view the settings.

If you do figure out how to do this, since the host check is doing the same check as the service check, you may want to disable the service check as it is redundant.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
anusha

Post by anusha »

Hi trgiep,

Thank you for your quick response. I have changed the check command form check_host_alive to check_jvm in templates.cfg under linux servers and it is working.

Thank you for your help....:) :)
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@anusha, Do you have any other questions for us before I go ahead and lock this thread?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anusha

Post by anusha »

Yes you can lock this thread.

Thank you for your support...:)