Nagios XI SNMP V6 error

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
MOHANREDDY

Nagios XI SNMP V6 error

Post by MOHANREDDY »

Hello,
I have installed Nagios Xi on a clean machine. I am getting emails as below

Cron <root@*********> LANG=C LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg --lock-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.lock --confcache-file /var/lib/mrtg/mrtg.ok
Subroutine SNMP_Session::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Exporter.pm line 66.
at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 149.
Subroutine SNMP_Session::unpack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Exporter.pm line 66.
at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 149.
Subroutine SNMPv1_Session::pack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Exporter.pm line 66.
at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 604.
Subroutine SNMPv1_Session::unpack_sockaddr_in6 redefined at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Exporter.pm line 66.
at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 604.

I saw a couple of posts on this. is there any fix to this issue to resolve it permanently. does it hurt the upgrade as we need to correct the SNMP and we are not using IPV6.

Thanks,
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Nagios XI SNMP V6 error

Post by tgriep »

It could be an older version of the IO::Socket::INET6 Perl Module causing the issue so if you run the following command as root, that will update the module possibly stop the error message.

Code: Select all

cpan -i IO::Socket::INET6
Or, there is another post with instructions on how to update the modules as well. Try that and let us know if you have any other questions.
https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 6&start=20
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
MOHANREDDY

Post by MOHANREDDY »

Hello,
The solution works for me but i would like to know is there a permanent fix for this as you said in other post, there may be a fix for it in next release. its more than 2 years, if not do we need to tweek the .pm for every upgrade?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

You should not need to do anything in the future to the pm now that the newer one is installed.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com