Can't log in to web interface with admin user

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
Itaasi

Can't log in to web interface with admin user

Post by Itaasi »

For some reason I haven't been to log into our Nagios Log Server web interface with the admin user, I made when I installed Nagios Log Server.
I have run into disk space problems twice. Once with the logstash files and once with the log files.
The problem's appeared when I ran into disk space problems the first time.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nagios Log Server and gained access to the web interface for 1 day, but the next day it was inaccessible.
What could be the reason for this?

Also, is it possible to use logstash data from a previous installation of Nagios Log Server without having done an export?

I'm somewhat new to Linux operating systems, so I might need a little more help than other experienced users ;)
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Can't log in to web interface with admin user

Post by cdienger »

Logstash's config is stored in /usr/local/nagioslogserver/logstash/etc/conf.d/ as well as in backups found in /store/backups/nagioslogserver/, so if you have access to files in there you should be able to use them to import logstash's config.

The failure to login is likely due to some corruption in the index responsible for the configuration. I'd need the output of a profile to verify and provide next steps. Copy the attached script to the machine and from the command line run:

chmod 755 profile.sh
./profile.sh

It will generate a file called system-profile.tar.gz in /tmp. Please PM me this file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Itaasi

Post by Itaasi »

I cannot PM you. I suspect it's because my user is brand new.
Shall I post the file here?
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Try again, should work now.
Former Nagios employee
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

The status of the cluster is red and that is due to shards being unassigned. https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... th-90.html covers how to re-assign the shards. I would focus on assigning the logstash-2018.MM.DD shards as described in the article and then restore the kibana-int, nagioslogserver, and nagioslogserver_log shards by importing a backup(taking prior to the disk filling up) if you have one. Importing a backup is covered in page 7 and 8 of https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Server.pdf.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.