DB server monitoring errors

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
RIDS_I2MP

DB server monitoring errors

Post by RIDS_I2MP »

Hello!

We've found a strange behavior in nagios monitoring for DB servers. Not sure if it is just us, or this usually happens. This is specifically observed for MSSQL services.

1: Considering 'Connection Time' MSSQL service.
When I try to check the service status in CCM, the test check command shows an error. But the services' actual status is Green - OK. (attached snapshots for reference.)

2: Sometimes the case is viceversa.
The output of Test Check Command shows OK, but the service status is Red- Critical

3: For few of our DB servers we keep getting an error for port 1433. There's a special character in our password which is never shown in the output for test check command I've highlighted that in the attachment. (attached snapshot for reference)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks & Regards,
I2MP Team.
kyang

Re: DB server monitoring errors

Post by kyang »

What's the special character in your password? Was this working before?

Are you getting the same errors when running this within the XI command line instead of the GUI?

It seems to be working just fine for me, except I don't have a special character in my password.

Have you tried setting the password in the resource.cfg file and using it as a macro when testing it through the CCM?
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Macros.pdf