Switching updates to automatic

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mfriedman1

Switching updates to automatic

Post by mfriedman1 »

I'd like to set up my Nagios (pretty straightforward CentOS 6) so that it receives updates from automatically from the repository instead of having to build them from source.

Can I just set up the repository and go ahead? There are instructions on how to switch from repo to source, but not the other way around. Thanks.
jomann
Development Lead

Re: Switching updates to automatic

Post by jomann »

Where were you looking to install the repo from? The issue is going to be that they they tend to package the rpm or deb or whatever type of file dependent on the operating system. So it's likely that if you install Nagios Core from a repo it will end up in /opt instead of /usr/local.

If you do this I would recommend you backup the whole /usr/local/nagios directory somewhere (not in /tmp) just in case.

IF you create a backup of your configs, perfdata (if you have any) and remove Nagios Core, install the new repo, install Nagios Core, and then move your configs and any other items you backed up into the new etc and share directories you should be good to go.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.