NSP: Sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
hbouma

Re: NSP: Sorry Dave, I can't let you do that

Post by hbouma »

The client machines have been on several different OS levels including:
Server 2008 SP2 with IE 11.0.9600.19080 Update version 11.0.70
Windows 7 machines (IE version unknown)
Windows 10 Enterprise Edition with IE 11.1206.15063.0 update 11.0.75
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

11.0.9600.19080 is the version I've been testing with. The nsp value is inject into the POST request using javascript - do you have javascript disabled for IE or have any other plugins/add-ons either on IE or the systems that would disable it?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Javascript is not being blocked. No addons that would block javascript.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

I have discovered something.

When using the developer tools in IT, I went to the Emulation option. Our default was to enable compatibility mode for Intranet sites, including the Fusion site. Apparently, the page requires a Document Mode of 10 or 11. As you can see from the attachment, Document Mode 7 (along with 5, 8 and 9) do not play well with Nagios Fusion and the display of the page.

While I work on excluding the Nagios Fusion site from the Compatibility mode, is there a way to make Nagios Fusion compatible with Document Mode 7?
2018-08-09 11_51_21-Login · Nagios Fusion - Internet Explorer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Good catch! First time I've run into this being an issue. It looks like it has a problem with line 78 of /usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/static/js/core.js:

$('input:required, input[required]').each(function() {

Changing it to:

$('input[required]').each(function() {

seems to allow it to work with doc 9 mode. According to https://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/13606 :required isn't valid in some instances. I'm not sure if this is good fix and would need to look into it but would recommend using mode 10 or another browser in the meantime.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

It looks like the change sort of works in Compatibility View with Document mode 7. I can log in, but nothing works properly. The menu bar is swished together, the dashlets don't load, there is a scroll bar on the right side etc.
2018-08-09 15_35_00-Home · Nagios Fusion - Internet Explorer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Document 7 mode is going to much more difficult. Some of the code causing problems is third party and the effort to make it Fusion compatible with older browsers isn't going to take a high priority. I would instead continue work to exclude Fusion from compatibility mode and avoid using IE until then.