Accidentally erased Nagios Database

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
japscp

Accidentally erased Nagios Database

Post by japscp »

Hi guys,
Counting on your help to solve this question since I can't find the answer by myself.

As the subject says, I accidentally erased Nagios Database from /var/lib/mysql/ and can't find a way to restore/install it again.

Can you help me solve this?

Thank you.
benjaminsmith

Re: Accidentally erased Nagios Database

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Are your using Nagios Core or Nagios XI? This is the Core forum and there is not a database back-end by default. Let me know your setup and installation. Thanks.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
japscp

Post by japscp »

Hi,

I'm using Core.

It's not that it prevents nagios from working, but from what I realize the pnp4nagios graphing service uses these databases, correct?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

japscp wrote:Hi,

I'm using Core.

It's not that it prevents nagios from working, but from what I realize the pnp4nagios graphing service uses these databases, correct?
pnp4nagios does not used mysql databases, it used RRD files, it does not use any databases in /var/lib/mysql
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com