NCPA - Disk Used

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
charlie126

NCPA - Disk Used

Post by charlie126 »

Hi,

Is it possible to use NCPA - check_ncpa.py to check all local disk space (Windows OS - c:\ d:\ etc) in one command rather having to define a new service for another logical drive?

Kind regards,
Charlie
benjaminsmith

Re: NCPA - Disk Used

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Charlie,

Separate checks are needed for each drive. There has been a feature request submitted for checking all disk partitions with NCPA, and this might be supported a future release.

It's also possible to create a custom plugin to check the drives in a preferable manner and execute it with NCPA.
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... a-722.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
charlie126

Post by charlie126 »

Thank you for your response.

I am in the middle of a new Nagios Core setup using host-groups. It would make life easier to apply the host-group to the disk/logical service definition that can detect all local disk/logical drives c: d: etc. Alternatively I have a separate service definitions for each drive letter and added the affected servers individually with additional logical drive letters.

P.S i think this is a great forum, keep up the great work.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Charlie,
It would make life easier to apply the host-group to the disk/logical service definition that can detect all local disk/logical drives c: d: etc.
Nagios XI has a feature called BPI or Business Process Intelligence and is a way to visualize/measure business process health by grouping hosts and services together and creating rules to determine group health.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... BPI_v2.pdf
P.S i think this is a great forum, keep up the great work.
Thank you. Did you have any other questions or may I close this topic?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
charlie126

Post by charlie126 »

Yes please close the topic - thanks again.