Projector NEC

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
tvoperation

Projector NEC

Post by tvoperation »

good morning,

I can not create a plugin on my NAGIOS, I have a NEC PA803U projector, I would like to create a plugin that will check me if the projector is on or off. some idea?

thank you all
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Projector NEC

Post by scottwilkerson »

Does this projector have a network connection?

If so does it have an SNMP interface you can write a plugin to monitor a specif SNMP OID to see if it is on or off?
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
tvoperation

Post by tvoperation »

yes Scott,

the projector is connected to the network and I can manage it from the web interface.
the manufacturer confirms that the snmp protocol is present on this model. could you give me an example of a script to be able to rehearse?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

You will need to know the SNMP oid you need to monitor. Once you have that, you can monitor it with something like this

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -P 2c -C public -o .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0
where public is your community string and .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4.0 is the OID you want to monitor
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
tvoperation

Post by tvoperation »

perfect,
would you tell me how to find the OID of the projector? the manufacturer says that the projector is enabled for smnp.
I'm sorry but I found this installation of nagios at my new job, and having never worked there are in trouble.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

We would have no way of knowing this, you would have to get that from the manufacturer.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com