Getting Timeticks result

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
truongquyen

Getting Timeticks result

Post by truongquyen »

Hi all,

How can set up the Nagios for getting the result like this?

[root@PROBE00 ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.18.0.254 -C public -o sysUpTime.0
SNMP OK - Timeticks: (395527839) 45 days, 18:41:18.39 |

I'm getting this result:

[root@mail ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.18.0.254 -C public -o sysUpTime.0
SNMP OK - 395059058 | DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance=395059058

I've tried to copy switch.cfg, commands.cfg to the 1st machine to the 2nd but nothing changed.

Tks,
NTQ
bolson

Re: Getting Timeticks result

Post by bolson »

Hello truongquyen,

The plugin check_snmp returns what it return; ie:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.18.0.254 -C public -o sysUpTime.0
SNMP OK - 395059058 | DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance=3950590581
There does not seem to be a provision in the plugin to return the value in days. However, a wrapper script could easily be created to perform the calculation and return the value you're looking for.

Also, this plugin on the exchange might provide what you're looking for:

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... me/details
truongquyen

Post by truongquyen »

Hi Brian,

Tks for your support but could you tell me how to do it? I tried to unzip the file then copied the check_snmp_uptime to usr/local/nagios/libexec and try to run the cmd but I get the result:

[root@mail libexec]# ./check_snmp_uptime -H 5.1.30.253 -C public -w 50 -c 100
-bash: ./check_snmp_uptime: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Could you tell me why and what should I do next?
Sorry, I'm newbie.

Tks again,
NTQ
bolson

Post by bolson »

Hello truongquyen,

Rather than copying the file to /usr/local/nagios/libexec, Use the monitoring plugins link in the Core Configuration Manager to upload the plugin and select the Convert Line Endings checkbox which will remove the DOS ^M characters from the plugin. Let me know if you have any additional questions.