Scheduled Maintenance and Best Practice

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ahoward12

Scheduled Maintenance and Best Practice

Post by ahoward12 »

Hey Gents, I have 2 quiestions:

One - Is there a way to disable the "OK" notification when I have hosts/services in scheduled maintenance? I don't get any of the downs which is great but all of the OK's are annoying. If I disable the notifications altogether I tend to forget to turn them back on.

Two - Second question I am really looking for advice. I am monitoring VmWare Datastores through the hosts, and it works great. However, when one datastore goes critical I get a message from all 8 hosts for obvious reasons. I don't want to just monitor one host but I am looking to see how I can get away from being spammed with notifications.

Any Ideas?

Nagios XI 5.5.1
CentOS 6.8
VMware 6.5
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Scheduled Maintenance and Best Practice

Post by ssax »

As long as the hosts AND services were in downtime you should not receive the recovery, if you are receiving them then you're likely hitting a bug.

For the recovery emails, there were some bugs in XI 5.5+ that have been fixed in the latest, please upgrade to XI 5.5.8 to see if it resolves the issue:

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=134

Please create a new forum post for your other issue, any unrelated issues should have their own forum post created.
ahoward12

Post by ahoward12 »

Hey thank you for the reply. Just returning from the Holidays. I will knock upgrade this and let you know.
ahoward12

Post by ahoward12 »

Issue is resolved thank you! I will create a new post for my other concern. This can be closed.