Fusion Home Page stays Blank, unable to override

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
dlukinski

Fusion Home Page stays Blank, unable to override

Post by dlukinski »

Hi

My Fusion Home Page stay blanks regardless of component confifuration.
I have to be able to edit it and to take over some other Dashboards since I cannot determine whihc account had created them (logged as Fusion admin)

Thank you
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Fusion Home Page stays Blank, unable to override

Post by lmiltchev »

So, you are logged in as an admin user, but you are not able to configure your Home page, correct? What happens when you do the following?

1. Go the Dashboards > My Dashboards > Home Dashboard, and make some changes, e.g. add/delete dashlet, etc.
2. Click on the username in the upper right corner, then click on "Home Page Settings", select "Home Dashboard" from the "Home Page Destination" drop-down menu, and click on "Update Information"
3. Click on the "Home" menu on top and check to see if your home dashboard loads correctly
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dlukinski

Post by dlukinski »

lmiltchev wrote:So, you are logged in as an admin user, but you are not able to configure your Home page, correct? What happens when you do the following?

1. Go the Dashboards > My Dashboards > Home Dashboard, and make some changes, e.g. add/delete dashlet, etc.
2. Click on the username in the upper right corner, then click on "Home Page Settings", select "Home Dashboard" from the "Home Page Destination" drop-down menu, and click on "Update Information"
3. Click on the "Home" menu on top and check to see if your home dashboard loads correctly
There is no Home Dashboard listed unde My Dashboards. I re-directed to the dashboard I have created, by there is no Home Dashboard so it looks like I have to create one and push to everyone.

Now the second question: i cannot edit or "take over" some dashboards. How ot fix this? Deleting them would work too if nothing else.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

There is no Home Dashboard listed unde My Dashboards. I re-directed to the dashboard I have created, by there is no Home Dashboard so it looks like I have to create one and push to everyone.
Most probably, the nagiosadmin user (or another admin user) deployed a dashbaord, and replaced the "Home" dashboard of your user. See an example below of how this could happen:
example01.PNG
You should be able to create a Home dashboard and push it to other users.
Now the second question: i cannot edit or "take over" some dashboards. How ot fix this? Deleting them would work too if nothing else.
First, check if users are allowed to modify the Home page by going to Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components > Home Page Modification > Edit Settings
example02.PNG
Make sure both check-boxes are selected. Also, keep in mind that if the "original" dashboard was deployed with the "Sync" option selected, this would prevent users from changing it. I believe admin users are supposed to be able to edit and delete dashboards, even if the "sync" option has been used. However, on my test Fusion box, I am able to edit the title, but not able to delete a "synced" dashboard, even though I am an admin user. I will have to check with our developers on that. It's possible that this is a bug. I can't imagine this is by design.

You could try logging in as nagiosadmin, and going to Dashboards > Deplay Dashboards > Manage Synced Dashboards tab. Do you see the dashboards that you are not able to edit/delete as your admin user? Try removing or "unsyncing" them from this page (logged in as nagiosadmin). Simply select the appropriate tect-box, and click on "Un-Deploy Dashboards".
example03.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlukinski

Post by dlukinski »

lmiltchev wrote:
Most probably, the nagiosadmin user (or another admin user) deployed a dashbaord, and replaced the "Home" dashboard of your user. See an example below of how this could happen:
example01.PNG
You should be able to create a Home dashboard and push it to other users.
First, check if users are allowed to modify the Home page by going to Admin > System Extensions > Manage Components > Home Page Modification > Edit Settings
example02.PNG
Make sure both check-boxes are selected. Also, keep in mind that if the "original" dashboard was deployed with the "Sync" option selected, this would prevent users from changing it. I believe admin users are supposed to be able to edit and delete dashboards, even if the "sync" option has been used. However, on my test Fusion box, I am able to edit the title, but not able to delete a "synced" dashboard, even though I am an admin user. I will have to check with our developers on that. It's possible that this is a bug. I can't imagine this is by design.

You could try logging in as nagiosadmin, and going to Dashboards > Deplay Dashboards > Manage Synced Dashboards tab. Do you see the dashboards that you are not able to edit/delete as your admin user? Try removing or "unsyncing" them from this page (logged in as nagiosadmin). Simply select the appropriate tect-box, and click on "Un-Deploy Dashboards".
example03.PNG
I got specific dashboard not visible under Nagiosadmin, deployed to other accounts and something I want to remove

Using Deployed in not helping (not there or no deployed at all)
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Try deleting the "offending" dashboard from the CLI by running the following commands:

# Find out what is the user_id of your user.

Code: Select all

echo "select user_id from users where username='<username>';" | mysql -uroot -pfusion fusion
Note: You substitute '<username>' with your actual username.

# Once you find the correct user_id, delete the dashboard for this user

echo "delete from dashboards where dashboard_name='<dashboard name>' and user_id=<user id>;
Note: You substitute '<dashboard name>' and <user id> with the actual values.

You can always check what the dashboard names are by running:

echo 'select * from dashboards;' | mysql -t -uroot -pfusion fusion