Help with alerts for service

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
alex3105

Help with alerts for service

Post by alex3105 »

Good afternoon,

I have the notifications configured and these arrive for my host that are down, recover and even for some services. My query is within all my monitored computers I have Windows servers which I want to be alert only when I have little disk space (ie notifications w or c)

With the configuration that I have when adding this change in service_notification_options within contacts, I receive enough notifications (but as I have switches, notifications are abundant).

Could you tell me how to do the notifications w or c only for the services of a specific host

Best Regards
Attachments
windows.cfg
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
templates.cfg
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
contacts.cfg
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Help with alerts for service

Post by cdienger »

You can exclude certain hosts from inheriting services from a group by defining the services with the "host_name" and "!" operator. See "Excluding Hosts" section of https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ricks.html:

Code: Select all

define service {
    host_name                 HOST1,HOST2,!HOST3,!HOST4,...,HOSTN
    hostgroup_name            HOSTGROUP1,HOSTGROUP2,!HOSTGROUP3,!HOSTGROUP4,...,HOSTGROUPN
    service_description       SOMESERVICE
    other service directives ...
}
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.