how to stop sending SNMP for a service in Nagios console

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
deek

how to stop sending SNMP for a service in Nagios console

Post by deek »

Hi,

Is it possible to stop sending SNMP traps from nagios for a specific service. We send nagios traps to BPPM which any service goes to critical state.
Say for a given server, we have 10 services and i want to stop sending the SNMP trap for only 2 services out of 10. Is there any option in Nagios console to disable sending the traps for those 2 services but monitoring should be in place.

I saw an option under CCM>services>Alert settings where there is a 'notification enabled' where i see 4 option ( On, Off, Skip, Null ). If i set this to OFF will it stop sending the traps? Please advice.

Thanks,
Deepan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deek

Re: how to stop sending SNMP for a service in Nagios consol

Post by deek »

Or can we use this option in Nagios core?

"Disable Notifications for this service"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @deek,

One option is to put the services in recurring downtime. Go to Home > Incident Management > Recurring Downtime and select the services tab. Next go to Admin > Manage Components > SNMP Trap Sender and then enable the Don't Send During Downtime option.

However, if you simply want to disable notifications, then yes turn off notifications for those services as shown in your image from the Core Configuration Manager or CCM.

Reference:
Sending SNMP Traps

Let us know if that answers your questions or not.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
deek

Post by deek »

Thanks for the reply.
I want to know the usage of 'notification enabled ' option under alert settings. If i select the notification to off, will it stop sending the traps to BPPM?

Regards,
Deepan.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Deepan,
I want to know the usage of 'notification enabled ' option under alert settings. If i select the notification to off, will it stop sending the traps to BPPM?
No when you set that to off, Nagios XI will not send notifications to the contact when the host or service is in a problem state, but it will still forward SNMP traps.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

deek

Post by deek »

This clears my doubt benjamin. Thanks for your support.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @deek,
This clears my doubt benjamin. Thanks for your support.
Great. I will close this post. Please feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions.