New user account information email

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dslaughter

New user account information email

Post by dslaughter »

I have email working. I’m receiving notification emails. If I click email all users in manage users, that works, the email is received. If I click on forgot password that works too, email is received and the link works. My problem is when I create a new user and check send email account information. This is not working, the email is not received by the new user. There isn’t an email sent to new users I create. What do I check? Is there a log I can review? Can you help me find out why the new user account information is not being emailed?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: New user account information email

Post by lmiltchev »

Are you using SMTP or Sendmail?

Admin > System Config > Email Settings

If you are using Sendmail with a "Send From" address = root@locahost, the chances are, it will get blocked by the mail server. You can enable logging under the "Email Settings" page, and look into the /usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/phpmailer.log or /var/log/maillog for clues.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

Thank you for the response. I'm sending via gmail. As I mentioned in my post, email works for everything except for new user account information . I have turned on email debugging. Maybe it will offer a few clues.
dslaughter

Post by dslaughter »

The php debug log didn't really provide anything useful. The maillog reported that root mailbox was full. The only reason it would end up there was a bounce. I cleaned up root mailbox. I also found a postfix config problem that when sending to a different domain the sender hostname/domain name wasn't correct. I can now send the account information email and I don't know why it worked. All the other email worked even when sending outside of our domain. Really weird problem but it appears to be working for now. Thank you for your assistance.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I am glad your issue has been resolved! Let us know if you have any further questions/issues. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!