SAML authentication (mod_auth_mellon)

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
pepe_carlos

SAML authentication (mod_auth_mellon)

Post by pepe_carlos »

Hi,

We need integrated nagios core authentication with SAML ( to use in Multi-Factor Authentication) , for this we think that we could use mod_auth_mellon (https://github.com/Uninett/mod_auth_mellon)

Would authentication be possible using the indicated Apache mod?

if yes, how? We don't know how perform the configuration for use this Apache mod.

Thanks.
mcapra

Re: SAML authentication (mod_auth_mellon)

Post by mcapra »

pepe_carlos wrote:Would authentication be possible using the indicated Apache mod?
Maybe? I don't know your SAML provider :)
pepe_carlos wrote:if yes, how? We don't know how perform the configuration for use this Apache mod.
Likely by marrying-up the GitHub instructions for configuration to the Apache configs generated for Nagios Core. Instead of using basic auth with an htpasswd file, you could probably drop the relevant mod_auth_mellon configs in-place.

It's an Apache question more than it is a Nagios Core question, though. Nagios Core doesn't have "authentication" -- it delegates those duties to the app server (Apache by default, nginx, lighttpd, whatever you wanna use).
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
pepe_carlos

Post by pepe_carlos »

Maybe? I don't know your SAML provider :)
the provider is Azure AD.

The problem is that we don't know how we can configure it for us is something new and does not have any idea that how we can do it. :roll:
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I don't know if we are going to be much help creating the apache config for your SAML provider, but mcapra is right, if you geta configuration that works on a basic apache page/site, you could likely somehow marry up that configuration with your nagios apache configuration and use that instead of basic auth.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
pepe_carlos

Post by pepe_carlos »

OK, I try to get help in Apache forum.

Thanks.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

pepe_carlos wrote:OK, I try to get help in Apache forum.

Thanks.
no problem
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com