Hostgroup Summary

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
onegative

Hostgroup Summary

Post by onegative »

G' Day All,

I have a suggestion for the Nagios XI developers.

I experience long lag times in getting the Hostgroup Summary to display with any resemblance of speed and was wondering if you all would consider a new Hostgroup button that simply lists all Hostgroups and waits to retrieve details for the Hostgroup upon selection? It seems when you push the limit of Nagios XI and build Hostgroups that contain hundreds of hosts you get extremely long delays (minutes upon minutes) getting the "Hostgroup Summary" to display.

It seems reasonable if you had a "Hostgroup List" selection that merely display the Hostgroup names and perhaps a search field it would make using XI more effective. Then when selecting a specific Hostgroup the query to build the details would be limited and thus a far superior usable tool. When end users have to wait minutes upon minutes for screens to display they merely stop using the tool and its value to the Enterprise becomes less and less...and I assure you people are watching when tools become bottlenecks for efficiency.

And my hardware should be more than adequate for 50000 objects (hosts 951 & services 48396):
Linux 3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64
MemTotal: 16266124 kB
Processors: 8

Anyway just a suggestion...thanks for your attention,
Danny
@onegative
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Hostgroup Summary

Post by cdienger »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will file a feature request for this.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.