Is update 1.2D safe?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
toddac

Is update 1.2D safe?

Post by toddac »

Hello

I'm new to Nagios XI - and have had a pretty solid installation on CentOS 5.5 for the last 45 days. I'm running the same version that I installed back in June - 2009R1.2. I've seen that there were updates in the past - but I didn't have time to look into them. Now I'm looking at 1.2D and seeing lots of posts in the forum about "sorry dave" or the problems with 1.2C and the Javascript needing to be refreshed in the browser. That's ok - I can handle that - that I'd like to hear from someone else that might have gone from R1.2 to 1.2D since it was just released yesterday and if they had any issues.

TIA
tonyyarusso

Re: Is update 1.2D safe?

Post by tonyyarusso »

The JavaScript cache issue is actually a good thing - the code was changed to address a security issue that was discovered, making 1.2D *more* safe.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

I upgraded from R1.2 to R1.2D with no problems.

I had the sorry dave problem but that was it. Everything else is working fine.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
TSCAdmin

Post by TSCAdmin »

I also did the upgrade without issues.
toddac

Post by toddac »

Great - I appreciate the replies. One thing though as I'm going through the learning curve with NagiosXI - is that while the system tells me there are updates and has a link to nagios.com - it isn't clear as to how to apply the update itself. Someone before mentioned something about an upgrade document. Will someone please point me to the upgrade document so that I can walk through the steps to go from 1.2 to 1.2D?

thanks,
tonyyarusso

Post by tonyyarusso »

Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
toddac

Post by toddac »

Many thanks. Worked out just how I'd hoped. Nice and easy. I love the scripts that Nagios produces for installs and upgrades. Pretty well thought out IMO.

I'm now on the latest bld. - now to test to see if I can get my Vmware SDK to work right with the monitoring wizard....

Thanks!